We are an inner-city football club that provides opportunities for participation and pathways for aspirational footballers in our local community setting. We pursue this purpose by playing in the highest-level senior men’s and women’s competitions available in Tasmania and by providing pathways for our associate junior club players.
We are successful in achieving our purpose largely because of our commitment to building and supporting an inclusive and aspirational culture at the club.
In 2023 we will formally engage our players and club members in a process to confirm our values. Currently when we talk to players and club members about our values, they tell us that they prioritise:
Strategic Plan Summary
- Player Retention and Recruitment. Supporting quality teams every season. A focus on inclusion and aspiration.
- Our People our Community. Developing stronger community partnerships and leadership capability.
- Independent Financial Stability. New revenue streams supporting stronger football and club administration.
- Influence the State of the Game in Tasmania. Be a leading advocate and promoter in the football community.
The North Hobart Football Club understands the role that sporting clubs and associations play in building strong and healthy communities.
The club is committed to ensuring its players, coaches, staff, volunteers and supporters are respectful, engaged, happy and motivated.
The club is committed to ensuring North Hobart Oval is a safe and inclusive space for umpires, players, volunteers and supporters.
The club acts to ensure:
- It has the policies, procedures and management structure to deliver its wellbeing goals (purpose).
- It attends to the welfare needs of its players, staff and volunteers.
- It works with its junior zone clubs to ensure the welfare of their players.
- It meets or exceeds the AFL’s requirements.